One of the most important skills for an article ghost writer to have is the ability to shift into different voices. Your articles need to create a connection to the reader. To do this, you need to speak their language. The tone has to be appropriate to the niche. Here are some examples of some different niches to illustrate my point.
– Forex Trading. You’re writing for people who are trading global currencies; they’re business savvy and into making money.
– Truck Covers. These articles should speak the language of a guy who thinks the world of his truck.
– Breast Cancer. This is a sensitive topic and you need a woman’s voice. Lots of care should be taken to make it soft.
– Student Loans. You’re talking to 18 year olds who are clueless about their loans and lots of other things. You need to sound friendly and hip.
– Deep Breathing Meditation Exercises. Imagine the soothing voice and new age music in the background!
– Cooking The Perfect Steak. Listen to it sizzle, let it fill your nostrils. Have a steak ready to cook for when you finish these articles.
– Botox Injections. Who wants Botox? Women who want to turn back the clock a few years.
…And so on. I could go on forever, and I will get carried away, so I’ll stop there.
How do you manage to have 300 different personalities at once? It’s not easy and some people are institutionalized for it. All joking aside, it just takes practice and experience. Here are some tips.
Do Some Reading. When you’re writing for a new niche and you need a new voice, do some surfing and read websites in the niche. Even better, check out some forums and pay attention to how the people there (potential readers and customers) talk and think.
Imagine The Reader. Maybe you know somebody who fits into the niche’s intended audience. I used to write loads of catfish fishing articles. I’ve never been fishing in my life, but I just imagined I was writing for my grandpa and uncles.
The More You Write, The Better You’ll Get. It goes without saying probably, but the more writing you do in a niche, the better you’ll get. You’ll start to internalize the info and become an expert, and then it’ll get easier. Of course, some niches are easier to write for voice-wise, but if you follow these tips, you’ll always be able to shift tones. This is an essential skill for any article ghost writer who wants to go beyond the just ordinary.
I write your content so you don’t have to >> www.gregscottwrites.com. I’ve got hundreds of satisfied customers under my belt. This article is copyright 2010 by Greg Scott. Anyone may use this article as long as all links in the article and resource box stay active and the article is not altered in any way.