A new business’ first job is to let their new potential customers who they are and why they are open for business. But it’s about more than just advertising (which can be expensive), it’s also about spreading the audible word, getting people to talk and interact around the subject of your grand opening. From the very first day of business, you also want to be developing your new company branding. Here are some tips for promotion marketing and increasing your new business’ brand awareness in the community:
Contact other, previously established, businesses.
Other businesses in your community are still around because they have a formed client base. And if they are thriving, they must be doing something right in their business handling and promotion marketing and advertising. Assuming that most of these companies are not direct competition for your new business, consider some of these ways to become a part of a pre-existing, professional community.
• To advertise your grand opening, ask your local car dealerships if they would be willing to hand out a goodie bag about your new enterprise (complete with your grand opening promotions such as a flyer, some candy, a business card, coupon, etc) to their customers who come in to take advantage of their free test drives.
• To introduce your new business to the community and get a head start on developing your company’s brand awareness, ask (or pay for) a spot on the advertising tables at local gyms. Display a minimum of 3 promotion marketing products for the best chance of getting snatched up by members.
• Talk to the owners and managers of the successful businesses in your area. Again, assuming that they are not in direct competition, ask them for grand opening promotions tips (as they’ve “been there, done that”), but also try to develop a relationship with them that you can learn from in the coming months and years.
• Ask some of these companies that you admire, if you can set up a table in their break area or store entrance. Include the same promotion marketing items and company branding tools and advertisements that you would anywhere else. Except in this case consider leaving some free samples as a professional courtesy, if not for all the business’ employee’s, then definitely for the owners or managers you glean tips from.
• Even if you don’t feel like you have much to gain from a conversation with other owners and managers (maybe your type of company is just too different, or you’ve done this before), offer specials and free samples to your local businesses anyway. This will increase your new brand awareness in the community, through the mouths of already trusted and known businesses.
• See if your local delivery businesses (pizza delivery, deli shops, etc), if they would be willing to include your grand opening promotions in their delivery bags. Another similar option, is to have your company branding printed on coasters and ask local area restaurants, bars, coffee shops, etc. to use them in their dining areas.
To find out more about renting inflatable balloons in Central Florida, Orlando, Tampa, Ocala, Jacksonville, or Tallahassee, please visit Florida Inflatable Balloons, or call (888) 781-8300. Or, order a grand opening advertising party kit and find other grand opening ideas at Grand Opening Kit, or call 888-781-8300.