Tag Archives: Black

Latest Black Ops Map Packs News

Call Of Duty Black Ops III Last DLC Arrives September 6th 2016 (video)
black ops map packs
Image by DigitalMajority
Shared from Geeky Gadgets

The final Call Of Duty Black Ops III DLC map pack in the form of Salvation will be available first on Playstation 4 on September 6th and will follow shortly afterwards on PC and Xbox One. Unfortunately the Salvation DLC is not available on Xbox 360 or PlayStation… digitalmajority.com/call-of-duty-black-ops-iii-last-dlc-a…

Latest Black Ops Map Packs News

Image from page 19 of “The last voyage of the Karluk, flagship of Vilhjalmar Stefansson’s Canadian Arctic expedition of 1913-16” (1916)
black ops map packs
Image by Internet Archive Book Images
Identifier: cu31924029882903
Title: The last voyage of the Karluk, flagship of Vilhjalmar Stefansson’s Canadian Arctic expedition of 1913-16
Year: 1916 (1910s)
Authors: Bartlett, Bob, 1875-1946 Hale, Ralph Tracy, 1880-
Subjects: Karluk (Ship) Canadian Arctic Expedition (1913-1918)
Publisher: Boston : Small, Maynard and co.
Contributing Library: Cornell University Library
Digitizing Sponsor: MSN

View Book Page: Book Viewer
About This Book: Catalog Entry
View All Images: All Images From Book

Click here to view book online to see this illustration in context in a browseable online version of this book.

Text Appearing Before Image:
ALMAR StbFANSSON 8 The leaders and tbe scientific staff before the departure from nome 10 Stbfansson and his party leaving the Kabluk 36 Hauling the dredge …… 48 Making soundings 52 The supplies on the big floe …. 56 Pages from Captain Bartletts diart . . 92 Plan of Shipwreck Camp 98 Captain Bartletts oopt of the RubIitIt of Omar Khaytam 102 The ice-pack 106 Letter from the doctors party to Captain Bartlett 128 MuGFi 142 Shipwreck Camp 144 Another view of Shipwreck Camp . . . 148 Map of Wrangell Island 162 Five of the men op the Kabluk on Wrangell Island 180 List of Illustrations FAGB Captain Babtletts chart op the Alaskan coast 204 Captain Baktletts chart of the Sibebian coast 214 The news of Captain Bartlbtts arrival at St. Michaels reaches Nome …. 282 The camp at Rodgers Harbor, Wbangell Island 306 The REscnE of the party at Waring Point, Wrangell Island 314 Making the Kayak on Wrangell Island . . 320 The Kablvk survivors on board the Bear . 324 THE LAST VOYAGEOF THE KARLUK

Text Appearing After Image:
HO P Eel W THE LAST VOYAGE OFTHE KARLUK CHAPTER I THE EXPEDITION AND ITS OBJECTS We did not all come back. Fifteen months after the K.arluk, flagship ofVilhjahnar Stefanssons Canadian Arctic Expedi-tion, steamed out of the navy yard at Esquimault,British Columbia, the United States revenue cut-ter. Bear, that perennial Good Samaritan of theArctic, which thirty years before had been one ofthe ships to rescue the survivors of the Greely Ex-pedition from Cape Sabine, brought nine of usback again to Esquimault—nine white men out ofthe twenty, who, with two Eskimo men, an Eskimowoman and her two little girls—and a black cat—comprised the ships company when she beganher westward drift along the northern coast ofAlaska on the twenty-third of September, 1913.Years of sealing in the waters about Newfoundlandand of Arctic voyaging and ice-travel with Pearyhad given me a variety of experience to fall back 2 THE LAST VOYAGE OF THE KARLUK upon by way of comparison; the events of those jfif-t

Note About Images
Please note that these images are extracted from scanned page images that may have been digitally enhanced for readability – coloration and appearance of these illustrations may not perfectly resemble the original work.

Latest Black Ops Map Packs News

St. George’s, Gloucestershire – Bristol directory 1871
black ops map packs
Image by brizzle born and bred
St. George’s, Gloucestershire – Bristol directory 1871


Mathews’ Bristol Street Directory 1871

St George was originally in Gloucestershire. It became a civil parish (formally known as Bristol St George) in 1866, and briefly an urban district from 1894 to 1898. The parish and urban district were absorbed into Bristol in 1898.

The area was once the end of the tram line from the city of Bristol, the terminus being in Beaconsfield Road.

St. George was once a mining area but now only pit names remain to remind everyone of this district’s mining history, i.e., Deep Pit Road.

John Armitstead well known as a coal adventurer — a colliery proprietor had a pit between Church Road and Whitehall Road, St George where he installed a pumping engine for raising coal. Power was generated from water by means of a fire and ergo the device was called a Fire-engine. It stood on Colt’s or Boulter’s Ground but the land came to be known as the Engine Ground. To this day, a pub in the area is called the Fire Engine.

The former south Gloucestershire parish of St George was in the eastern part of the out-parish of St. Philip & Jacob, Bristol until 1751, when the ecclesiastical parish was created. The civil parish formed in 1784, comprised of what are now the east Bristol suburbs of Crews Hole, Crofts End, Greenbank, Lower Easton, Moorfields, Redfield, St George, Speedwell, Two Mile Hill, Whitehall, and White’s Hill. It bounded on the north by the parish of Stapleton, on the east by the former chapelries/tithings of Oldland and Hanham Abbots both in the parish of Bitton, and the west by the out-parish of St Philip & Jacob, Bristol. The river Avon marks the southern boundary and the old division between the counties of Gloucestershire and Somerset.

The parish was once covered by the Royal Forest of Kingswood. It started to be cleared for agriculture from the 13th century. The forest was progressively reduced and developed over the centuries. The area first came into industrial prominence in the late 17th century, because of coal mining. The first new church, later to become the parish church of St. George, was built in the mid 18th century to serve the growing number of coalminers who had moved to the area for work. Non-conformist religion first came through the preaching of George WHITFIELD in 1739, followed by John Wesley. The bishop of Bristol, Bishop BUTLER, concerned about the lack of Anglican care, offered £400 towards the endowment of a new church. An Act of 1751 divided the parish of St Philip & Jacob, and Thomas Chester gave the piece of ground for the church, churchyard and parsonage.

The foundation stone was laid in 1752 by David PELOQUIN, Lord Mayor of Bristol, but was not completed until 1756 when it was consecrated by Bishop Butler’s succeor Bishop HUME. The church gave its name to the surrounding area.

The growing population in the 19th and 20th centuries led to the provision of eight new churches built across the parish: St Marks, Lower Easton (1848); St Michaels, Two Mile Hill (1848), St Matthews, Moorfields (1873), St Aidan, White’s Hill (1883), St Anne, Greenbank (1900), All Hallows, Easton (1901), St Ambrose, Whitehall (1905) and St Leonards, Redfield (1908). Avonview Cemetery, created on the site of Mugland Farm and opened in 1883, was an extensive burial place for the whole parish. The city boundary was not extended until 1897, but as early as 1874 the St George Local Board was created.

St George area grew from the hamlet of Don Johns Cross and around the church adjacent to the main road junction, which forks at this point to Kingswood and Hanhan. A poorhouse was built in 1801 in the western end of Hudds Vale Road. It was later taken over by the Clifton Poor Law Union for housing pauper children until 1869, when it then began to be used for a number of industrial purposes, and was recently converted to apartments. The church was rebuilt in 1846, and again in impressive style with a west tower in 1880 following a fire.

The two industrialists, William BUTLER and Handel COSSHAM, contributed much of their wealth, energy and entrepreneurial skills to the building of the St George community. Butler was instrumental informing the local board and was also the first chairman of the Bristol Tramways Co., whose services were to have a profound effect on the development of the area as well as Moorfields and Redfield. A horse-drawn line from central Bristol had been extended to the depot in Beaconsfield Road by 1876, but of much greater significance for St George and for the UK was the pioneering use of electricity in 1895. Initially, this was provided by a new power station at the depot.

The Victorian drinking fountain, which is in the road junction, was BUTLER’s gift of 1896. COSSHAM was elected as the first MP for Bristol East in 1885 and was a champion of mass education and advocate for a local park. St George Park was eventually laid out after his death on 38-acre land of Fire Engine Farm in 1894, the year the architecturally impressive St George Higher Grade (later St George Grammar School and now a Sikh Temple) was opened. He also bequeathed his coal mine interests to be sold, the proceeds to go to build a hospital for the people of East Bristol. Cossham Hospital was built in 1907 in Lodge Hill, outside the parish boundary towards Fishponds. BUTLER and COSSHAM are buried in Avonview Cemetery in the community that they did much to shape.


The success of the electric tramway, extended to Kingswood in 1895 and Hanham in 1900, encouraged the development of streets of terraced houses off the main roads eastwards from the road junction – Clouds Hill Road, Bell Hill Road and Summerhill Road. Boot and shoe and corset manufacturers were attracted to these newly accessible spaces. St. George Police Station in Church Road, with Fire Station behind in Northcote Road, both of which are no longer in use, were converted to private flats. Opposite the police station, there is a block of modern flats and on this site used to be The Park Picture House. This was a great favourite with children who used to attend the nine-penny rush on a Saturday morning and they always left desperate not to miss the following week as the final picture was always a serial, which had left the hero strapped to a train track or dangling over some life threatening piece of machinery.


St George Public Library is a prefabricated style building which replaced the previous stone built building, demolished when it was fashionable to pull down older buildings. For over a century, the focal point of the area has been St George Park, East Bristol’s playground, and the fairs in the park were always recalled with particular fondness.

Redfield is an area to the west of St George. From the 1870s onwards there was steady drift away from market gardening in the area. The landowners moved out, selling their land to speculative builders, eager to satisfy the increasing demand for houses. Plots of land were disposed of gradually as the landowners’ estates were whittled down. Church Road was part of Bristol’s eastern urban shopping line: the ‘golden miles’ of shops stretching from the city to St George. Many people will remember those vibrant shops, such as Gwillams and David Greigs. Bristol’s oldest Tesco at Redfield has been a local landmark since 1967.


Moorfields, an area to the west of Redfield, is not a name commonly used today. Historically there are two angles. Firstly, the huddle of basic early 19th century dwellings erected by Solomon MOORE, centred around Moorfields Square and adjacent to the main Church Road. These were demolished in 1930. Secondly, the 1870s Moorfields estate, the hundreds of houses in uniform terraces, which revolved around Dean Lane (now Russell Town Avenue), with its imposing school, corner shops, off-licences and mission halls, this very working class area survived as a distinct community until redevelopment came in the 1950s and 60s.


Whitehall is an area to the north-west of St George. From the description of Easton Colliery in ‘Bristol Times & Mirror’ dated 1883, it appears that, by this time at least, the workings of the Easton & Whitehall pits are connected by an underground roadway two-third mile long. Towards the Whitehall shaft there were two 30 horsepower engines in an underground engine-house, 380 yards below the surface. The engines were used for pulling wagons up inclines. There are still many streets and houses from the Victorian and Edwardian eras and in the part is the Gordon Estate with houses that were built in 1936.


This area originally consisted of market gardens and the new estate was built on the rhubarb patch and as a result, rhubarb was quite commonplace in many gardens. Some houses ("villas") overlook the adjoining St. George Park and these have small balconies. Newer houses have since been built on the former Co-op Bakery and Rose Green High School sites. There is a plaque on the original school wall, which was retained, giving some history, about John WESLEY having preached on this site. Whitehall Zion Methodist Chapel is now in use as offices. The Kings Head public house has long been part of the Whitehall scene and was originally owned by the PARSONS family. There were stables attached as dray horses from George’s Brewery were quite a common site on Bristol roads. In the north-western end of Whitehall, here was the Midland Railway line (now a cycle path), behind of which are the other suburbs of Lower Easton and Greenbank.

Lower Easton became a densely populated suburb by the end of 19th century. The LEONARD family were large landowners or tenants who, in 1842 at the time of the St. George Tithe map, were holding 72 acres of land. They were buying mining rights on all available land and were involved in Easton Colliery. Some members of the family were engaged in market gardening, and at one time were working land where St. Mark’s Church was consecrated in 1848. Being largely open fields and market gardens, its population then was only about 2000. The rest of Easton including Upper Easton and the Easton Colliery is in the parish of St Philip & Jacob.


Greenbank is a mainly early 1900s terraced housing area. Greenbank Cemetery was laid out in 1871, but it served for the parish of St Philip & Jacob. Packer’s chocolate firm bought land at Greenbank and built a three-block factory. Steam engines were operating there in 1901 and production moved from St Paul’s to Greenbank in 1902. It continued Bristol’s chocolate-making tradition by making chocolate products under the name of Elizabeth Shaw until it closed down in 2006.


Crofts End (also known as Clay Hill) is an industrialised area to the north of St George, and in between Whitehall and Speedwell, with many small Victorian houses, built when this area was a coal mining community. Crofts End Mission was established in 1895 by George Brown, as a Christian work for miner’s children in The Freestone Rank, Whitehall Road, and it became known as The Miner’s Mission. It is now part of the local and much wider community but still very much a family church.

The church was built on a site bounded by market gardens, a brick works and Deep Pit Colliery, which was over 1200 feet deep. The Beaufort Arms, then known as The Beatem and Wackem and now called The Wackum Inn was the place where most miners spent their hard earned wages! Another local chapel was Clay Hill Chapel which was demolished when the industrial estates were built. Over many years, the Market Gardens became housing, White’s Brick Works became Somers Wood Yard (now an industrial pallet site) – where many older people will remember going as children to collect a sack or trolley full of firewood – and Deep Pit Colliery became industrial estates.

When Deep Pit closed, men were having to walk underground as far as Frenchay to reach the coal face! Crofts End House, located at the junction of Plummer’s Hill and Whitehall Avenue, still exists, but no longer as a single dwelling. The area is now undergoing more change as the majority of ‘prefabs’ (built by American Servicemen as post war housing) in the locality have recently been demolished. Planning applications will replace these with mixed style housing. The old, redundant Civil Defence building on the junction of Crofts End Road and Brook Road was demolished and flats were built on the site, now named "Craftes Court".


Speedwell is an area to the north-east of St George. Extraction of coal began in the area in the early 18th century. There were two mines – the Speedwell Pit (then known as the Starveall Pit) and Belgium Pit, the latter of which was closed by 1902 after a short life of twenty years. Both mines and Deep Pit were linked on the surface by a mineral railway, with the Midland Railway. The rest of Speedwell at that time consisted of mixture of arable and pastureland. The three main farms were Speedwell Farm, Crofts End Farm and Holly Bush Farm.

The mines began to reach their full potential when they came into the ownership of Handel Cossham in 1875. He introduced machinery worked by compressed air and within 50 years the supposedly exhausted pits were producing 210,000 tons of coal annually. Rows of cottages were built near pits to house the miners, many of which are still standing to this day. The Bristol house-building boom in late Victorian times fuelled the expansion of the second most important industry – brick and tile making. The three principal makers were the Bristol Brick & Tile Works, Fussell’s Brick & Tile Works and Hollybrook Brick Works.


After the First World War, the council embarked on an ambitious project to build several estates of council houses in Bristol. One of these was established at Speedwell on land that had previously formed part of Speedwell Farm. In the 1920s, thirty three acres of land was acquried from various landowners and streets of well-built council houses appeared. However, all was not well with local mining industry, as in 1933 the people of Bristol contributed £3000 towards new borings to prevent the entire clousre of the pits and the loss of 2000 jobs. Two new tunnels were driven. However, it was not enough; the East Bristol Colliery Company lost a further £20,000, and in 1936 the last load of coal was brought to the surface. The Speedwell housing estate was further expanded before and after the last war. Other facilities such as shops, the swimming baths, the clinic and school were built. The old colliery buildings disappeared for the construction of the new fire station and private housing was also built.

The brick-making fared much better and survived into the early 1960s. Today Speedwell is a mainly residential area. The old brick-making quarries have been filled in to provide much-needed playing fields.

Netham was an east Bristol industrial giant area to the south-west of St George. The Netham chemical works dominated the approach into Crews Hole. Evolving from the 1860s, there were monumental chimneys towering over a jumble of assorted structures, including furnaces and steam cranes. It boasted an elaborate light railway network, which served a vast sprawling waste tip that stretched west to Barton Hill. To the south the Feeder Canal and the River Avon were vital to the operation. Two groups of men, the ‘process workers’ and the ‘yard men’ toiled in this huge, dark labyrinth of a works. In 1949, the plant closed down, and since then, the whole site was transformed to a public park.


Crews Hole is located to the south of St George. From the early 18th century it was an industrial area including oil refineries and a tar works site at the bottom of Troopers Hill. The tar works was established by Isambard Kingdom Brunel in 1843 to provide creosote to be used as a preservative for railway sleepers and by 1863 had passed into the ownership of his manager, William Butler. It continued to operate until 1981. Troopers Hill is a local landmark, and was a mining area from the early 19th century until its closure in 1904 when the last fireclay mines were abandoned. It was declared as a Local Nature Reserve in 1995.


Local tradition has it that the Parliamentary army, under the command of Sir Thomas Fairfax, camped on Troopers Hill prior to the siege of Bristol in 1645. It has also been suggested that the ditch between the hill and the allotments was dug at this time as a defensive earthworks. It is known that the army approached Bristol via Keynsham and Hanham and it is possible therefore that Troopers Hill, with its views of the city, was used while the army was headquartered at Hanham.


In Victorian times, Crews Hole was compared to the north Devon village of Covelly, as both were steep, with ranks of cottages that tumble down lanes and narrows roads to waterfront. Today, original cottages co-exist with the ‘Quayside Village’, built on the tar works site. Although the heavy industry has gone, along with many buildings, the countryside character and narrow lanes of Crews Hole remain.

Two Mile Hill is an area to the east of St George. The land was chiefly set out in freeholds of an acre or more, and appropriated to market gardening; a portion was in small grazing-farms. Coalmines were wrought; and there was a pin-factory set up in early 1830s by Robert CHARLTON, a Quaker. He built a school for his workers and their families, the only factory school in the district. The church of St Michael the Archangel was consecrated in 1848. With the extension of the electric tramway to Kingswood in 1895, the area was boosted with the developments of streets of terraced houses off the main road.


White’s Hill is an area to the south-east of St George. With the extension of the electric tramway to Hanham in 1900, rows of terraced houses were built alongside the main road – Air Balloon Road, Nags Head Hill and Bryant’s Hill. St Aidan’s Church was built in 1904 on the top of Nags Head Hill to replace the iron church built in 1883 and situated in Casseybottom Lane. In the 1920s, the area was still mainly consisted of farms, old quarry workings, allotment gardens and maze of quaintly named footpaths and fields. Many houses were subsequently built in the period before the Second World War. Nurseries, glasshouses, and cottages vanished in the process.

Pile Marsh small village of Pyle Marsh, just to the East of Bristol (now part of Bristol’s urban sprawl known as Pile Marsh) near the Netham.

By the end of the 20th century, a decrease in religiosity in most areas meant that the three churches were redundant. Also many chapels have been demolished and a number have changed use. Sadly, St George church was closed as a dangerous structure and demolished in 1976. Sheltered housing has been built on the site. Its next door, the Sunday School, was adapted into a church for several years, then derelict until converted into flats in 2000-01. St Mark’s Church in Lower Easton was converted to flats, and St Matthews, Moorfields to apartments and offices. Many Anglican and non-conformists registers are kept at the Bristol Record Office.

Bath Road, (Upper) Etc. St. George’s

Allaway T. grocer
Andrews Richard, vict, Pack Horse Inn
Aplin Thomas, tailor, Moorfields
Ayers Nathaniel, Nag’s Head Hill www.flickr.com/photos/20654194@N07/2039524525/
Bacon J. marine store dealer
Ball William, beer retailer
Barnes H. boot and shoe maker
Barratt Daniel, grocer
Barratt W. marine store dealer
Bateman Elizabeth, draper and grocer
Bateman Joseph, painter and grocer
Bateman Joseph, grocer
Bateman W. F. hay dealer, Bell Hill
Batt S. beer retailer and grocer
Beak John, vict, The Bell, Bell Hill bristolslostpubs.eu/page137.html
Beak William, Bell Hill
Bevan Samuel, boot maker
Bence Mrs. butcher
Bird Isaac, grocer
Bird Robert, Summer Hill
Bevan Samuel, beet and shoe maker
Bisp Joseph, butcher
Bisp Thomas, vict, Cherry Orchard
Bone James, vict, Sugar Loaf
Brain Samuel, grocer, Bell Hill www.flickr.com/photos/20654194@N07/4178172135/
Brice George, boot and shoe maker
Bristol Wagon Works Co. Limited – Albert Fry, managing director www.flickr.com/photos/20654194@N07/2040539380/
Broster Alfred, surgeon, Moorfields www.flickr.com/photos/20654194@N07/2115034594/
Brown Mrs. Myrtle house, Redfield
Brown Joseph, grocer
Brown John, market gardener
Brown Thomas, market gardener, Barton Hill
Brown W. C. builder, George Lane
Britten Isaac, boot and shoemaker
Bruton Alfred, vict, Ship inn, World’s End
Bryan William, boot maker
Bryant J. vict, Don John’s Cross www.flickr.com/photos/20654194@N07/2040321116/
Bryant Francis, beer retailer
Bryant Samuel, grocer
Bryant William, butcher
Burley Creorge, market gardener
Burley Thomas, beer retailer, Upper Easton
Burley Joseph, market gardener
Burrows William, horse dealer and beer retailer, Pile Marsh
Bush S. T. vict, Lord Raglan
Butler and Co. oil and resin distillers, Crews Hole www.flickr.com/photos/20654194@N07/2059289321/
Butler Mrs. Upper Easton
Butler W. Summerhill House
Chapman Cr. plasterer & paperhanger, Moorfields
Chappell James, basket maker, Whitehall
Churchill Christopher, farmer
Clarke Charles J. boot and shoe manufacturer
Clement Isaac, beer retailer, Whitehall
Colborn Joseph, Bryant’s Hill
Cook J. market gardener, Whitehall
Cooper Rev. David, M.A., Holy Trinity, Bristol
Cottle G. tiler and slater, Bell Hill
Cottle Henry, grease refiner
Cousins Francis, grocer
Cousins William, market gardener, Claybottom
Cousins S. farmer, Upper Bath Road
Cousins James, market gardener, Clay Hill
Coussens Samuel, St. George’s
Cowley W. ironmonger, Lower Easton
Cox John, Kingscote house, Upper Bath road
Cox Mrs. Upper Easton
Cox Richard, farmer, Pile Marsh
Cox William, Upper Bath road
Crates John, plumber, etc
Cridland Luke, grocer
Curry Josiah, Upper Easton
Denning H. pork butcher
Davis Isaac, carpenter and butcher
Davis John, grocer, Bell Hill
Davis Thomas, surgeon
Deacon William, brickmaker, Pile Marsh
Dean J. corn and flour factor
Doggett J., grocer
Douglas William, Bell Hill
Dowswell A. vict, King’s Arms
Earl D. shoe maker
Edwards T. grocer, near the church
Ellis John, potter, Old Workhouse www.flickr.com/photos/20654194@N07/5918909459/
Evans P. S. and Co. Avonside tannery
Farley Sarah, beer retailer
Ferris John, Moorfields
Flemming J., furniture broker
Flook A. builder & undertaker, oil & colourman, Post Office
Flook Jacob, market gardener, Whitehall
Flook Jacob, market gardener, Holmes
Follett Mary, shopkeeper, Russell Town
Foreman Mary A. vict, The Ship, Dundridge
Fox, Walker, & Co. Engineers & Locomotive builders, Atlas Iron Works www.flickr.com/photos/20654194@N07/4449742831/
Fray Samuel, market gardener, Croft’s End
Fry Cree. market gardener, Pile Marsh
Fry Cr. barge owner, Crews Hole www.flickr.com/photos/20654194@N07/2130713592/
Fudge Isaac, beer retailer, Upper Easton
Fuge William, market gardener, White’s Hill
Fussell Henry, horse dealer, Bell Hill
Gardiner Alfred, match manufacturer, Crews Hole www.flickr.com/photos/20654194@N07/9636108506/
Gare John, chemist, Redfield
Gay George, horse dealer, Upper Easton
Gerrish Mrs. market gardener, Whitehall
Gerrish John, Summerhill
Gill John, shoemaker
Gilpin T. grocer, Upper Easton
Golding Isaac, grocer, Upper Easton
Gough Alfred, brick and tile maker, Upper Easton
Green W. J. baker & grocer, Nag’s Head Hill
Griffiths S. E. timber merchant
Griffiths S. E. cabinet maker & grocer
Grigg Rev. T. N., B.A. vicar
Grigg Robert, baker, Russell Town
Guest Abraham, grocer
Guest Mary, green grocer
Hale John, boot and shoe maker
Harris Capt. P. Prospect house, Whitehall
Harvey George, beer retailer, Redfield
Harvey Henry William, blacksmith
Harvey Abraham, Upper Bath road
Hasell B. H. market gardener, Whitehall
Hasell G. T. market gardener, Barton Hill
Hawkins Mrs. milliner
Headford Mrs. brick & tile maker, Upper Easton
Hemming Robert, beer retailer
Heritage Miss
Herring & Co. Wainbrook Iron works, Moorfields
Hickory Jonathan, grocer, Upper Easton
Hicks William, stone quarry master
Hicks Francis, Bell Hill
Hill George, grocer
Hill George, cooper, Redfield
Hitchcock William, Alexandria house, White’s Hill
Hobbs Thomas and George, carpenters, Lower Easton
Hodge Henry, beer retailer, Bryant’s Hill
Hodge S. tailor, Moorfields
Hollister William, beer retailer
Holloway John, rope and twine maker, Lower Easton
Hooper A.
Hopkins John, market gardener, Upper Bath road
Howell D. J. butcher
Hulbert T. grocer and broker
Hunter and Co. nurserymen & florists, Brook road nursery
Hunt J . H. market gardener, Lower Easton
Hunt Richard, Upper Easton
Iles S. coachmaker & wheelwright, Redfield
Iles Samuel, beer retailer, Upper Easton
Johnson David, painter, Lippiatt Lane
Johnson George, market gardener, Whitehall
Johnson John, market gardener
Johnson W. file and rasp manufacturer
Kellaway S. carpenter, Redfield
Kingswood Coal Co. (Limited), Mr. Henshaw, manager
Knight J. baker, Adelaide Place
Lang Thomas, Barton Hill
Lanham Elizabeth, greengrocer
Lawrence W. Scott, stone quarry master, Crews Hole
Leonard, Boult, and Co. coalmasters, Easton and Whitehall Pits www.flickr.com/photos/20654194@N07/4064057979/
Leonard Isaac, market gardener, Whitehall
Leonard John, market gardener, Pile Marsh
Leonard John R. market gardener, Whitehall
Leonard S. greengrocer, Redfield
Leonard Samuel, fishmonger
Leonard Sarah, beer retailer
Lewis A. plasterer and tiler
Litchfield W. chemist
Lock Edward, beer retailer
Luscombe W. tailor
Maggs J. vict, Waggon and Horses
Maggs Joseph, market gardener, Claybottom
Marks Miss, Upper Easton
Martin William Prosser
Milsom H. beer retailer, Adelaide Place
Milsom M. haulier, London road
Milsom T. grocer, Adelaide Place
Monk W. Bolt, mining engineer, Lower Easton
More J . baker, Moorfields
Morgan Ann, vict, George and Dragon, Redfield
Netham Chemical Co. Limited, Philip J. Worsley, manager www.flickr.com/photos/20654194@N07/3281488322/
Nicholls H. grocer, Upper Bath road
Nurse W. vict, Pied Horse, Upper Bath road
Olds William, basket maker
Osborne William, vict, Three Crowns
Packer George, cabinet maker
Parry A. R. Cloud’s Hill
Parslow A. greengrocer
Parsons George, farmer, Starveall
Parsons George, vict, King’s Head, Whitehall
Parsons James, registrar of births and deaths, Upper Easton
Peacock George, grocer
Pearce A. T. baker, Moorfields
Pettygrove William grocer, Upper Bath road
Phipps Samuel, builder
Phipps T. builder, London road
Pincombe C. P. grocer, Lippiatt Lane
Police station, near the Fire Engine public house www.flickr.com/photos/20654194@N07/9871600173/
Pope F. C. newsvender
Pople Josiah, churchwarden
Powell James, market gardener, Upper Bath road
Prichard Henry, comb maker, Upper Easton
Prigg Caroline, beer retailer, Whitehall
Purday Thomas, tinman and earthenware dealer
Rees J. draper
Rees William, relieving officer, Cloud’s Hill
Rogers Solomon, beer retailer
Riley R. grocer
Roach John, baker, Summer Hill
Roberts George, builder, Barton Hill
Roberts J. beer retailer
Roberts J. grocer
Robins H. grocer, Lippiatt Lane
Roe G. fruiterer
Rossiter W. C. butcher and grocer
Rouch J. baker, Moorfields
Routley William, corn agent, Holmes
Sampson J. W. Devon house, Whitehall
Sandford, George, beer retailer
Scott George, beer retailer
Sealey John, nurseryman, seedsman, and florist
Shoat John J. Upper Bath road
Sheldon, Bush, & patent shot company, Blackswarth www.flickr.com/photos/20654194@N07/2132333773/
Shoard Edward, Whitehall
Sheppard A. fruiterer
Shum Capt. Thomas, Summer Hill
Skidmore Charles, grocer, Redfield
Smith Benjamin, market gardener, Nag’s Head Hill www.flickr.com/photos/20654194@N07/2040321234/
Smith Charles, The World’s End
Smith John, beer retailer
Smith A. butcher
Smith George, beer retailer
Smith J. grocer, Upper Easton
Smith R. W. printer, Dundridge house
Smith W. French polisher
Spencer Rev. J. Redfield
Stibbs Edwin, White’s Hill
Stibbs John, general contractor, Nag’s Head Hill
Stone and Tinson, manufacturers of chemicals, Crew’s Hole
Stone Martha, shopkeeper, Upper Bath road
Stone S. grocer, London road
Stone W. corn chandler and grocer
Stone W. grocer, Bell Hill
Sweet Stephen
Sommerville Messrs. Bryant’s Hill
Taylor R. vict, Earl Russel, Russel Town
Taylor G. barge owner, Crews Hole
Taylor Thomas, oil and colour dealer
Thatcher William quarry master, White’s Hill www.flickr.com/photos/20654194@N07/10113258666/
Tilley James, maltster, Lower Easton
Trew J. W. surveyor
Trimm G. vict, Lamb Inn, Crews Hole
Tyler G. market gardener, Whitehall
Tyler S. market gardener, Whitehall
Underwood, E. W. Lyppiat Lane
Verrier A. G. tailor and draper
Vessey & Sons, pawnbrokers, Moorfields
Vining H. earthenware dealer
Walsh Peter
Watkins Aaron, grocer
Watkins M. vict, Queen’s Head, Upper Easton
Watts I. marine store dealer
Watts William, baker
Watts W. grocer
Wells George
Welsh H. glass dealer, Moorfields
Whippie Jacob, tailor
Whitting C. beer retailer, Crews Hole
Whyatt J. farmer, Dundridge farm
Williams A. green grocer
Williams G. furniture broker
Wiltshire C. D. shopkeeper
Wiltshire George, grocer, Whitehall
Wiltshire I. bootmaker, Upper Bath road
Winne J. R. grocer, Moorfields
Withers Alfred and Frederick, horse dealers, Summer Hill
Woodington Daniel, painter, etc
Woodington William, shoemaker
Woolland William, grocer, Rose Green
Young B. currier


Henry Wheeler – Described as ‘a boy’ in September 1884 when charged with stealing money from Charles Simmonds a grocer in Redfield.

George Saunders (b. 1815) In 1865 was aged 50 and of 8 Broad Plain, a labourer in the employ of Pritchard and Sons, comb manufacturers, Upper Easton, having been in the same employment for thirty years, He could neither read or write but that year received a £5 prize (a top prize) at the Bristol Industrial Exhibition for his entry in the Models and Designs class.

He designed his model of Stapleton Chuirch from paying frequent visits to the building and according to a newspaper report ‘made no plan, yet the building, tombstones, trees, walks etc are considered exactly as if viewing the church itself’. The model took seven years to construct.

William Sidney – Aged 13 in January 1836, working at Messrs Bayley and Co, lead smelters in Upper Easton. Died around 7 o’clock when the boiler exploded causing a stack of chimneys to fall down.

A witness stated that he saw Sidney in the ‘cave’ leading to the fireplace. He was almost covered in bricks, stones and wood and dreadfully scalded, but conscious. His father also called William heard the noise and ran up and was told that his son was all right and not much injured. He helped to take him to the infirmary.

William England, the engineer was alive but later died. He told the doctor at the infirmary that no-one was to blame for the accident, but others claimed that he had put too much pressure on the boiler, which had just been put back into service after a repair , which had meant it had been out of commission for some days

Charles Bryant – He lived at 4 Shrubbery Place, Whitehall. Injured in an explosion at Easton Colliery In February 1886, he died from the serious burns he received. He was 24 years old.

George Garjulo of 98 York Road, New Cut, worked at Strachan and Henshaw, Whitehall. In September 1912 he sustained concussion when he fell down and struck his head whilst carrying a large timber and was detained at the BRI. Henry Cullum aged 28 was charged with causing him grievous bodily harm.

Richard Cox – In 1883 he was employed at Netham Chemical Works as haulier. Kept 49 horses at that time.

Ann Crinks (d. 5th January 1793) Of Crew’s Hole, St George, age at death 73, buried in St Philip and Jacob graveyard.

Henry Flower – Lived at 2 Albert Street. St George. He was playing cricket in July 1885 when he was struck by a cricket ball which ruptured a vein.

Mr Harrison – In 1755 was owner of a field near St George which had a well in it. The water turned ‘black as ink’ for nearly a fortnight. The same phenomenon was experienced at the same time at Bristol Hotwell.

James Pole aged 18 in July 1878, his parents lived at Alfred Street, Victoria Road, St George. While working on a new house in Barton Hill he fell 20 feet from a ceiling joist and fractured his leg. He was taken to hospital.

Thomas Reed of Blackswarth Road, St George in 1899 when, aged 74 he committed suicide by shooting himself.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Eclipse DLC Guide- Zetsubou No Shima, Weapons

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Eclipse DLC Guide- Zetsubou No Shima, Weapons
The newest DLC for Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, Eclipse is now out. As with all DLC for the Call of Duty games, this one isn't a story expansion or addition as much as it is a bunch of new maps for the game's multiplayer modes, as well as some additions …
Read more on GamingBolt

Black Ops 3 Cheats

Black Ops 3 Cheats
Black Ops 3 Cheats: Is it your wish to unlock the Max Prestige right now? What I offer to you right here is the Black Ops 3 cheats tool that is a type of online tool which requires no download. These cheats for the Black Ops 3 version of Call of Duty …
Read more on TheSequitur.com

'Call of Duty: Black Ops 3' news: April 1.09 update hotfixes now available for

'Call of Duty: Black Ops 3' news: April 1.09 update hotfixes now available for
According to a post by Gottabemobile, there have been a few issues in the game that allowed users to use "Black Ops 3" cheats to gain various advantages including hacks that help the player level up. The 1.09 patch brings with it a varied set of …
Read more on Christian Daily

Call of Duty: Black Ops III now has a cheaper, multiplayer-only version on PC

Call of Duty: Black Ops III now has a cheaper, multiplayer-only version on PC
If you've been thinking about trying Call of Duty: Black Ops III multiplayer, but weren't into the $ 60 price tag, Activision is launching a new version of the game just for you. Called the Call of Duty: Black Ops III multiplayer starter kit, the new …
Read more on The Verge

You may already have access to Black Ops 3 beta on PC without pre-ordering

You may already have access to Black Ops 3 beta on PC without pre-ordering
The Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 beta codes are currently being sent to Xbox One users, albeit with a few hiccups. On PC … Reality is, Black Ops games have top notch anti cheat on PC, so you can't even think about hacking in these games. Fact is, there …
Read more on VG247

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3: Awakening DLC Review – (PS4)

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3: Awakening DLC Review – (PS4)
Again, as someone who isn't the best when it comes to competitive first-person shooters, I am amazed at how often I'll boot up Black Ops 3 just to play a few matches of Kill Confirmed or jump into the insanely fun bonus mode “Gun Game. …. Splash does …
Read more on PlayStation LifeStyle

Guide: Quick Tips for Call of Duty: Black Ops III's Multiplayer Mode

Guide: Quick Tips for Call of Duty: Black Ops III's Multiplayer Mode
Call of Duty's multiplayer has long been the main attraction for the series, and that's no different with its brand new instalment, Call of Duty: Black Ops III. Given the sheer popularity of the component, we've taken a few minutes out of our busy …
Read more on Push Square